Friday, June 7, 2013

velvet and smoke

Photo



braydaaan: if i were a bird, you'd be the first person I'd shit on.

braydaaan: if i were a bird, you'd be the first person I'd shit on.

trincroft: kellysue: Rethink Breast Cancer presents: Your Man...



trincroft:

kellysue:

Rethink Breast Cancer presents: Your Man Reminder (by rethinkbreastcancer1)

OMG… I think I'll dl the app…

betype: Vincent van Gogh (by Josh LaFayette)



betype:

Vincent van Gogh (by Josh LaFayette)

safeword: sn00dle.tumblr.com :) is that freshly done? ooh...



safeword:

sn00dle.tumblr.com :)

is that freshly done? ooh you're so pink!

Photo



painkillerclothing: Painkiller Clothing and store



painkillerclothing:

Painkiller Clothing and store

i always feel so bad when people leave me nice messages and they're like "i'm so sorry if this is...

i always feel so bad when people leave me nice messages and they're like "i'm so sorry if this is...

Photo



aposse: A+ Televison: The FostersThe official synopsis of this...













aposse:

A+ Televison: The Fosters
The official synopsis of this series is, "a multi-ethnic family mix of foster, adopted, and biological kids are being raised by two moms." Choice of word is important and it most certainly gives an impression. The fact that "two moms" was used instead of "lesbians" or "gay couple" is so goddamn important and tells you so much about the focus of this series. Their sexual orientations are detached from the premise of the show because it's being said that hey, this is a norm. Two moms can be a norm just as much as two dads or a mother and father can be.

Most often you see the children of gay and lesbian couples being bullied,  the parents coming to the rescue and having to explain to them that they will face these prejudices. Yet you have the opposite of that here. These children know who their parents are, they understand that there'll be prejudice, and they don't need to accept anything because there isn't anything to accept; these are their mothers and that's just as plain as saying the sky is blue. 

And god, is that ever so refreshing to see.

tiger-in-the-flightdeck: My baby brother's first girlfriend recently confessed to thinking they...

tiger-in-the-flightdeck: My baby brother's first girlfriend recently confessed to thinking they...

fuckyeahtattoos: This girl took the pain like nobody I've seen...



fuckyeahtattoos:

This girl took the pain like nobody I've seen :) done by August in Kitchener, Ontario.

Photo



hakaseheart: Alt text: "Sticks and stones may break my bones,...



hakaseheart:

Alt text: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can make me think I deserved it."

[x]

alyssakorea: Tumbling over the past year and a half has made me...







alyssakorea:

Tumbling over the past year and a half has made me see the problems of gender roles that exist in media, but sometimes it gets to the point where I over analyze every single piece of television or film that I come across. (However this in no way means that I think feminist media criticism is wrong, or should be avoided!) Mostly I just over think everything.

fuckyeahtokusatsugirls: Ayame Misaki (Escape/Tokumei Sentai...



fuckyeahtokusatsugirls:

Ayame Misaki (Escape/Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters)

"Indeed, the idea of 'winning the girl' – of overcoming female objections or resistance through..."

"Indeed, the idea of 'winning the girl' – of overcoming female objections or resistance...

Photo



Photo



"Marry your best friend. I do not say that lightly. Really, truly find the strongest, happiest..."

"Marry your best friend. I do not say that lightly. Really, truly find the strongest, happiest...

No comments:

Post a Comment